Hometown Glory

6/15/2012

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Image and video hosting by TinyPic





I love Haider Ackermann. Really, I do. Sure, his clothes are not for the faint hearted but there is something about those cutouts and the draping that I can really appreciate. It's in your face sexy and it's unashamed about it. There is also an architectural element and as someone that was planning to study that at university, it always manages to get me excited. 

As for the title of this post (apart from it being a great Adele song), Mr Ackermann just happens to be from my motherland of Colombia. Sure he grew up in Europe but technically, he is one of ours! When I first found this out, I was surprised. Not only does he not have a typical Latino name, his designs are so edgy that it was hard to believe that he was from the land of excess makeup and over the top 'casual' dressing. (I can say that: I've visited relatives there and still never get over the dress sense). 

So Haider, from one kind of Colombian to another, please keep doing what you're doing. You are restoring my faith in Colombian fashion and that is no easy feat. 

(Sources:1-3 Haider Ackermann, 4-5 style.com)



You Might Also Like

0 comments